UPDATED 9th December 2022
This is a near comprehensive list of resources detailing the programs, software and tools I use in my day-to-day online business operations.
This is also the same list I recommend in almost every training course and coaching sessions I do. Also included are my brief remarks and opinions as a marketer using these tools and services.
- NameCheap – majority of my domain names are registered here.
TIP: Google “namecheap coupon [current month and year]” to search for coupons and save a bit on every domain name purchase.
Most of my websites are on a custom Dedicated Server, but for starters you can use any of these web hosting services:
- KnownHost – after jumping from one web host provider to another, I find this is one of the best value for money and more importantly amazingly fast support!
- Aweber – I have been using this service since 2012 – present. Decent, reasonable delivery rate, allows affiliate marketing. You can start with a FREE plan (not trial) and upgrade when your needs grow or it’s past 500 subscribers.
ACCEPTING PAYMENTS WORLDWIDE
- Stripe – Accept credit card and FPX payments online.
- Wise – Accept wire transfers from anywhere in the world. Low transaction fees, receive international payments within hours or same day possibly. Good for receiving high ticket payments.
ACCEPTING PAYMENTS LOCALLY (MALAYSIA)
- OnPay.my – if you are in Malaysia and would like to accept payments locally, I recommend getting an account with them. You can start on a FREE plan and upgrade later.
- ToyyibPay – you will need this to integrate with OnPay. Accept FPX and local bank transfers in Malaysia. Oh, and it’s a flat fee of just RM1 per transaction, plus receive funds next working day!
- JVZoo – JVZoo is the fastest growing marketplace online now. Ideal both for affiliate and vendor.
- WarriorPlus – second choice after JVZoo.
- ClickBank – the oldest, longest running digital marketplace. Ideal for promoting niche products and if you’re a vendor you will find that product longevity here is better vs. other marketplaces.
- Digistore24 – functions similarly to ClickBank. They can accept a variety of payment methods including PayPal, ACH, credit cards, and pay to you via wire or other methods.
If you don’t know HTML or want to build your marketing pages easily, I recommend any of the following:
- OptimizePress – majority of my sales pages and sites are built using this. Been using them since 2013 and the team behind this evolves the page builder with times. You need to install WordPress to use this page builder theme and plugin.
- You can pretty much shoot your videos on phone or create and record Slides on PowerPoint and Keynote.
- Sony Vegas Pro – for editing videos taken with phone or DSLR, but this costs $299 or more.
- Camtasia Studio – for recording and editing on-screen videos.
- CapCut – for editing video on phone (Google Play and iOS)