It was a great 3 days 3 nights at the FB Ads Workshop event in Bandung, Indonesia! Thanks for the networking opportunities and hospitality and I have learned lots from the Indonesian IM community. We shall meet again soon!
Testing… testing… haha! Rasanya ini kali pertama saya menulis blog post dalam Bahasa ya?
Terlebih dahulu, saya ingin mengucapkan ribuan terima kasih kepada semua subscriber dan pelanggan saya yang telah menyokong kursus-kursus dan mesej saya sepanjang tahun ini. Walaupun saya tidak begitu aktif dalam pasaran tempatan baru-baru ini (amboi… banyak seminar dan projek bisnes Internet lain kena buat kebelakangan ini) tapi saya amat menghargai jasa baik dan sokongan anda.
Tidak lama dulu, saya telah menjalankan satu survey dari kalangan subscriber saya dan hasilnya, saya telah mendapat balik sebanyak 300 submission! Hasil survey ini saya akan rumuskan sebentar lagi tapi saya ingin mengambil kesempatan ini untuk menjawab satu soalan yang kerap ditanya atau seumpamanya:
“Edmund, bagaimana anda boleh berjaya dalam bidang bisnes Internet ini? Bolehkah saya juga?”
Kalau anda pernah melihat kursus saya Mesin Jualan Internet (untuk orang yang berminat menjual sebagai vendor) ataupun Mesin Komisen (untuk sesiapa yang berminat menjual produk orang lain dan mendapat komisen) anda sudah sedikit sebanyak tahu bagaimana saya beroperasi dalam perniagaan Internet ini.
Walaupun saya memandang tinggi terhadap teknik-teknik yang saya ajari dalam kursus saya, saya ada satu ‘rahsia’ yang saya anggap lebih penting daripada menggunakan teknik semata-mata untuk berjaya.
Jadi, apakah rahsia itu?
Biar saya cerita sikit perlahan-lahan…
- Kalau anda kenal sikit latar belakang saya, saya berasal dari keluarga yang miskin. Saya memulakan perniagaan Internet saya pada tahun 2005 dengan modem 56K sahaja. Saya bukan saja tidak mengaut untung malah banyak berhutang! Banyak kali saya nyaris-nyaris dihalau tuan rumah kerana dah 4 bulan lewat membayar sewa rumah, dan bekalan elektrik dan talian telefon hampir dipotong selepas mendapat notis merah. Apa yang ramai orang tidak tahu, pada masa itu saya sebenarnya ada satu lagi pilihan: iaitu lupakan ‘perjuangan yang tidak bermakna ini’ dan kembali bekerja untuk orang lain. Ya, saya memang pergi ke ‘employment office’ dengan harapan untuk mencari kerja. Tak tau samada berkat Tuhan atau kebetulan nasib saya sahaja, saya tidak mendapat apa-apa respon selepas berminggu-minggu menunggu. Yakni saya cuma ada satu pilihan: kembali ke komputer saya dan cuba mencari jalan untuk menjana wang secara online. Dua bulan kemudian saya mendapat jualan pertama saya berharga US$97!
- Walaupun saya dah mula menjana beberapa ratus USD sebulan, saya rasa perniagaan Internet saya macam perlahan sangat. Saya cuba emel rakan-rakan JV berpotensi dengan harapan mereka akan mempromosikan produk saya. Namun begitu, emel saya biasanya tidak dijawab ataupun respon yang saya dapat ialah “NO”. Pada masa itu, saya rasa mahu berputus asa tapi dalam hati, saya tahu bahawa kalau saya dapat mempelajari kuasa JV (Joint Ventures) ia akan meningkatkan jumlah jualan, subscriber dan taraf bisnes saya secara mendadak. Berdozen-dozen emel kemudian, saya mendapatkan rakan JV Partner saya yang pertama, Jeremy Gislason, dan… as they say, “everything is history!”
- Tahun ini menandakan ceburan saya dalam bidang seminar dan workshop secara besar-besaran. Mungkin anda boleh lihat dari Facebook saya ataupun seminar-seminar lain. Dan tak lama dulu, ada subscriber beritahu saya bahawa saya telah muncul dalam Management Magazine (Vol. 48 No. 4) yang baru diedarkan di stor buku (thanks HJ Dino!) Saya beritahu cerita ini bukan untuk berlagak tapi ingin menegaskan bahawa glamor yang baru-baru ini bukan ‘overnight journey’. Sebenarnya awal tahun ini, saya berusaha kuat untuk menceburi seminar. Walaupun saya dah lama berniaga di Internet, dalam dunia offline tiada sesiapa kenal atau mengiktiraf kredibiliti saya. Beberapa platform seminar enggan melayan saya kerana saya ini macam ‘come from nowhere’. Akhirnya selepas mencuba beberapa kali, platform pertama saya tahun ini ialah di MindValley, satu-satunya syarikat Internet terkemuka dan paling cepat berkembang di Malaysia. Dan dari situlah saya dapat membina portfolio saya sebagai seorang speaker.
Jadi apakah rahsianya?
Betul. Never Give Up.
Jangan putus asa.
Bagi saya, impian yang besar adalah berbaloi untuk mengejar tanpa mengira halangan.
A man with a dream will not be denied.
Tak kira samada anda rasa tidak cukup mahir, tidak cukup modal, belum lagi kenal orang lain yang jalan dalam haluan yang sama…
Kalau anda mempunyai impian yang besar dan hasil ganjarannya berbaloi, berbaloi juga untuk tidak berputus asa di muka halangan walaupun ia datang dalam pelbagai jenis ataupun orang.
Saya memohon maaf kalau anda tersangka-sangka ada ‘rahsia super’ sebenarnya tidak ada… because it is actually just that. Memang, pelajari teknik dan membina sistem adalah penting juga.
Tapi pertimbangkan ini: kenal tak orang yang pada awalnya ‘newbie’ dan nampaknya tidak begitu mahir, hari ini berjaya?
Dan kenal juga tak orang yang anda anggap pandai dan berpotensi – tahu banyak teori – tapi berputus asa selepas sekali dua cuba (ataupun langsung tidak mencuba!)
Jadi Apakah Jenis Individu Anda? Ada Cerita Sukses Sendiri Untuk Dikongsikan? Mari Share!
Want to sell your product on JVZoo.com into the hundreds or even thousands of copies but don’t know how to do it? Here is a step-by-step guide to setting up and launching your product on JVZoo!
What Is JVZoo?
If you have not heard of JVZoo.com before, JVZoo is an instant payment platform that accepts sales from your buyers and pays straight to your paypal account and your affiliates. Since it uses the Adaptive Payment system, you don’t need to do your accounts manually, and you can get the money straight into your paypal account instead of waiting for 30 days to get your payment.
JVZoo is growing fast in popularity since 2011 and the marketplace / payment platform is constantly being improved. If you want to sell products priced $200 or below in high volumes, don’t want to worry about high transaction fees and waiting for your next check like ClickBank, I highly recommend using JVZoo. Registering for an account is also FREE.
What Is JVZoo Pick Of The Day?
Everyday the founders of JVZoo will select a newly launched product to be featured on the Pick Of The Day (or POTD in short). If you product gets selected to be POTD, you can easily get hundreds of additional sales because they will mail blast your offer to their entire network of buyers list!
Personally, I have had 4 of my products crowned “JVZoo Pick Of The Day” in 5 months. While there is no 100% foolproof method – because it is up to the founders decision to pick your product – I will show you ways to increase your chances of having your product selected as POTD.
Step 1: Create Your Sales Funnel
Before I create my products, I always have my affiliates and their subscribers in mind. Do NOT create demand. MEET the demand. For example, before I released my newest product called Infographics IM Edition I noted the affiliates I was going to approach and the nature of their subscribers. My affiliates were professional graphic designers or have a reach to subscribers who are interested in graphics, or both. So it makes sense to create a graphics product and not just any kind of random product, which is (unfortunately) what a lot of amateurs out there do.
Then there are the Upsells. Always make it a point to have at least 2 Upsells. Affiliates want to promote products that have deep sales funnels and get credited for them.
- TIP #1: Want to know the secret to having an Upsell that has 50% conversions? Offer an Upgrade package of your main offer. This is exactly how I have been able to get nearly every 1 in 2 customers buy my Upsell in the last 3 consecutive product launches. The Upgrade usually comes in the form of additional components. In my Continuity Income Videos PLR launch, I offer an Upgrade package that gives extra materials such as promotion tools, swipe emails, squeeze page, and special report. It is a no-brainer deal if you are giving something your customers will almost definitely need or want to use.
Pricing is a very important element here so pay close attention…
- Make use of the Dimesale feature – many successful products on JVZoo Top Sellers use the Dimesale whereby the product price increases a few cents with every few copies sold. You can use this urgency factor to your advantage and make it part of your selling point in your launch week. There is no hard and fast rule on how you want to set your Dimesale, but I normally begin my Front-End product pricing at $7.00 – $9.00 and let it climb $0.07 every 3 sales.
- Position the low pricing as a HUGE discount! The reason your main product is priced low is to encourage getting volumes of buyers throughout your launch week. Coupled with the price increase you can market your offer as an unbelievably huge discount which is available only for the week before you set it back to its retail price after the launch. The other reason for this is so you can send more people through your sales funnel. Your business is profitable when your Upsells or Backends make MORE money than your Front-End!
- TIP #2: put a countdown timer on your sales page that shows when the discount is about to expire!
Step 2: Create Promotion Tools For Your Affiliates
You want to make it easy for your affiliates to promote your launch. You wouldn’t want them to waste time on creating their own promotion tools from scratch so it makes sense for you to prepare these for them in advance.
Surprisingly, you don’t need to put in a lot of effort in making promotion tools for your affiliates. Most of the time, swipe emails will do. This is because your affiliates are expected to have their own mailing list to blast to and this is going to be the main form of marketing for your product launch.
Prepare a series of at least 3 emails for your affiliates to swipe and edit. You can see one of my examples here.
TIP #3: If you are willing to go an extra mile and make banner ads, these are the only dimensions you need to make:
- 160×600 pixels
- 250×250 pixels
- 300×250 pixels
These are the proven banner sizes that gets the most attention and clicks. In contrast, the 468×60 pixel banner is redundant and even the average user recognizes it as an ad and will (subconsciously) click away from it.
TIP #4: Create bonus packages for your affiliates to use! Usually the super affiliates will produce their own bonuses so that their subscribers will buy through them instead of their competitors. While this is good for you as a vendor because your super affiliates are enthusiastic about promoting your offer, it would be great if you can help level the playing field a bit for the other affiliates as well.
You don’t have to go over the top; just sponsoring a few bonuses is usually enough for the average affiliate to work with. After all, if you help your affiliates they will make more sales for you and remain loyal to you for future launches!
Step 3: Get Affiliates
The success of your launch hinges on this step! Previously I have written an article on how (not) to approach potential affiliates or Joint Venture partners to promote your product. If you don’t know anyone or how to go about just yet, here are the places on the web you can begin with.
- MunchEye – good place to begin listing your launch and get some affiliates for starters.
- Warrior Forum Joint Venture Section – you need to be a member with at least some post count to submit your launch and Joint Venture (JV) offer here.
- JVNotifyPro – you can try getting Mike Merz to be your JV Broker. I had gotten him to brokered JVs for me before so it’s good for starters, however you need to pay him on 2-tier.
And there are also Facebook Groups you can post about your launch and start getting to know potential affiliates (which I recommend messaging any who may be a good fit to promote your offer).
- JVZoo Product Launch Calendar
- JVZoo Product Launch
- Muncheye FB Group (after your listing is approved on Muncheye.com proper)
- Launch Superstars
Remember: if you don’t approach anyone the answer will always be a NO. So don’t stop at just submitting your launch details, which in itself is not enough most of the time. You need to go out and do some networking as well.
Step 4: Launch It!
Launching your product is like films hitting the cinemas – it is always preceded by trailers and teasers that announce the upcoming date. On the same token, you need to set a launch date ahead of time. I usually set my launch date at least two weeks from now to give my affiliates ample notice and promote my launch over my competitors on that day.
The first 2 days is usually the most hectic – and if done correctly – also the most exciting. Monitor your launch and send out daily updates to your affiliates on your exclusive mailing list. This is the part where I would normally throw an affiliate contest and encourage them to promote hard using cash prize incentives.
TIP #5: Always, always, always split test! I use Visual Website Optimizer to split test my main sales copy so I know whether the offer is converting, and what needs to be tweaked. I stopped split testing my sales copy eversince the Google Adwords Website Optimizer had been replaced by the more complicated Google Analytics, and as a result I must have left untold amounts of money on the table! Fortunately, the VWO is easy to use and it is cost effective.
How To Get JVZOO POTD?
As mentioned earlier, getting your product selected for POTD is a little bit subjective as it depends on the owners of the site to select your offer or not. There was this one time my product sold very well and topped the day’s bestseller list – it went on to sell 1,000+ front-end copies and I made $60,000 in sales from the entire sales funnel – and yet it was never picked JVZOO POTD, in spite of me personally contacting the founders.
Then, I had other products crowned JVZOO POTD through no effort of pestering the founders.
That said, there are only ways to increase the likelihood of your product getting selected as POTD and get a windfall of extra hundreds or maybe thousands of sales!
- High Earnings Per Click (EPC) – this is truly imperative. This is the ‘currency’ of Internet Marketing now. How much are your affiliates earning from every click they send to your launch? As a rule of thumb, as long as your offer is producing a $1.00 EPC and above you’re doing ok. Of course, the higher the EPC the better it is. So you should strive for $2.00 EPC and above.
- High commission payout – be generous with your affiliate payout. Sometimes 50% commissions won’t cut it in the JVZoo market so go for 60% and above… even 100%. It’s alright to ‘lose’ on the Front-End because you can gain profit on the Upsells and the Backends. If your commission payout percentage is high, this adds another likelihood of your product being picked JVZOO POTD.
- At least Top 3 Top Sellers Today – while it is best to have your product being the best seller for the day, I found that there were times my product was still crowned POTD even though it was #2 or #3 on the Top Seller for the day.
- Launch on less competitive days – most launches are on Tuesday and Thursday, which are now the most competitive days to launch your product. This is why I choose other days such as Friday, Sunday and Monday – the days with lesser product launches. This decreases your competitor count significantly and while it may appear counter intuitive at first, I found that sales are almost just as good even on these days.
I hope my insight helps you launch your next successful product on JVZoo!
What Are The Other Ways To Make Your Product Launch On JVZoo A Success? Share Your Insights With Everyone By Commenting Below!
Some of the photos taken from the 3 day Continuity Income Workshop in Malaysia (18 – 20 October) and Singapore (25 – 27 October). This is just the beginning… looking to see who the Internet superstars in the making are!